ColorZilla for Firefox Version History
- New sampling modes (beyond point sample) - average 3x3, 5x5, 11x11, 25x25 pixels - new in v3
- Ability to sample average color of any selected area (can average images, noisy backgrounds etc.) - new in v3
- Allow sampling colors from local "file://" URLs
- Auto-start sampling immediately by default on Mac when main button clicked
- Allow sampling colors from images opened in a separate tab
- Better name for "Copy Special" menu to indicate various Copy options and formats
- Add "rgba" format to Copy Special options
- Keep the ColorZilla sampling panel consistent size even in zoomed views
- New setting to prevent document from being moved down when sampling
- Fixed support for Retina displays
- Fixed support for sampling in zoomed view
- Fixed persisting of add-on settings with certain browser configurations
- Fixed copying to clipboard from Copy Special menu
- Fixed hexa lowercase / uppercase option
- Many tweaks and bug fixes
Due to new Firefox add-on developer requirements and restrictions requiring all future add-on development
to be done using WebExtensions technologies,
ColorZilla for Firefox has been re-written from the ground up to comply with the new requirements.
This new version retains all the functionality,
but there might be minor UI/UX and other differences.
Please contact us to report any issues.
- UI improvements
- Tweaks and bug fixes
- All new status display panel
- Compatibility tweaks for latest versions of Firefox
- Main ColorZilla icon now on top to better fit with newer Firefox versions
- Auto copy of sampled color to clipboard is now 'on' by default - use the 'Options' menu to further configure this setting
- v2.6.4 - Compatibility tweaks for Firefox 8 and 9, better support for moving the ColorZilla main button to the addon bar
- v2.6.5 - Compatibility tweaks for Firefox 13
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- Color Picker Dialog:
- New Photoshop-like 'new/current' color split panel
- New smooth color map and color slider controls (based on John Dyer's JS Color Picker)
- 'Options' link to switch between the 'smooth' and 'discrete' color picker modes
- Experimental Lab and CMYK color spaces support
- New 'Eyedropper' button allows sampling document colors while working in Color Picker
- Support for 'Escape' and 'Enter' keyboard shortcuts
- Limited Flash sampling support
- Allow scrolling the document while color sampling
- Web Color Analyzer: better color palette sorting
- Firebug integration: fixed Firebug 'Inspect' panel opening for the last sampled element
- Restored Options > Hide menu item for hiding ColorZilla from the status bar
- Added ColorZilla to browser 'Tools' menu and App Button 'Developer' menu for easy access to main options and restoring ColorZilla if hidden from status bar
- Better support for localization (palette names are now localizable etc.)
- Latest Firefox 4 support
- Many tweaks and bug fixes
- Support for HSL color CSS3 attributes
- Easier access to the main menu for copying sampled colors and more options
- Firefox 4 compatibility
- Support for 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu and others)
- Minor bug fixes and UI tweaks
- ColorZilla v2.0.2 - Firefox 3.1 compatibility, bug fixes
- Webpage DOM Color Analyzer
- Analyze DOM element colors on any Web page and create a corresponding palette
- Locate elements on the page that correspond to a given color
- Find out what CSS rules specify a given color
- Save, bookmark and share the palettes
- Online Palette Viewer
- Click here for an example
- Allows viewing, bookmarking and sharing any color palette
- Provides a permalink URL that represents any set of colors
- Online Eyedropper shows colors in RGB, HSV and additional formats
- Firefox 3 support
- Use Full Page Zoom introduced in Firefox 3
- Firebug support - allows opening the selected element in Firebug
- New languages - Indonesian, Korean, Norwegian. Thanks to the BabelZilla team!
- Ubuntu support (gcc4 based build included)
- Minor tweaks and bug fixes
- Intel Mac support
- Firefox 2 support
- International - 24 translations are included
- New Catalan, Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian and Chinese translations - thanks to the BabelZilla team!
- New '%dom-path-reversed%' status bar field
- Option to copy the last ColorZilla formatted status value to the clipboard
- Minor tweaks and bug fixes
- Compatible with Firefox 1.5 Beta 1
- Addded %url-full%, %url-path% and %url-file% status bar fields (useful for frames)
- Added RGB percentage status bar field
- Added 'Export palette' option to palette manager
- Minor bug fixes
- "DOM path to current element" status bar display option.
- New "Statusbar Format" dialog for easy switching between various formats.
- An option to show the hex color codes in lowercase.
- Improved installation - no additional restart is needed on Mac/Linux (thanks to Jochen for the tip).
- Reads and writes GIMP compatible palettes.
- Default palettes: Web Named Colors, Web Safe Colors, Web Safe Colors by Hue,
System CSS Colors, W3C Named Colors, X Named Colors, Hues and Brightnesses, Hues and Saturations.
- More palettes on the ColorZilla Palettes page and anywhere on the Internet.
- New palettes added to the palettes folder are automatically detected.
- Palettes can be viewed as thumbnails or as a sortable list of colors.
- Sort the palette color list by color index, brightness or color name.
- History, Favorites and other user-created palettes can be edited and saved under another name.
- Custom palette views - number of columns can be set in the palette file (GIMP compatible).
- System CSS Colors palette - a special dynamic palette. CSS standard color names like ActiveBorder, ButtonShadow etc. reflect the colors of the various UI elements of the user system.
- Favorites palette - add your favorite colors to this palette, either from the main menu or from the Color Picker dialog. When adding from the ColorPicker dialog, you can give the new color a custom name.
- History palette - all the sampled colors are added automatically, the name of the color is the element that the color was sampled from.
- Sample multiple colors - sample colors by clicking while holding the "shift" key. The sampling won't stop and the sampleded colors will be added to the history palette.
- Auto-copy - choose the desired color format (rgb, hex etc.) and the sampled color value will be automatically copied to
- Customizable status bar format.
When hovering, the status bar can optionally display the following information:
- rgb color value
- hsv color value
- hex color value
- hovered element tag, class and id
- distance from the previous point
- mouse position relative to the element
- css calculated size of the hovered element
- box object size of the hovered element
- Outline hovered elements.
- Page Pan option allows to quickly pan the page without using the scroll bars. Just press Alt+Shift and drag the page to pan.
- Added a ColorZilla entry to the page context menu.
Tweaks and bug fixes
- Changed the hex color values (#ffffff) to uppercase (#FFFFFF).
- Various optimizations for making the ColorPicker faster.
- Changed the default picker palette size to 16x16 to make the ColorPicker faster and more responsive.
The default can be changed through the options menu.
- Minor Color Picker bug fixes.
- Measure distances - the status bar will show the distance between the current and the last sampled points.
- Firefox 1.0 compatibility.
- Click on the ColorZilla icon to start the Eyedropper.
- Click on the target pixel to get a color reading.
- Improved Zoom function.
- Launch the DOM Inspector with the selected element.
- Improved the crosshair cursor behavior.
- Implemented Eyedropper modules for Linux and MacOSX.
- A new "Zoom" option that allows to zoom in to easily pick a color or zoom out to see a bigger part of the page on-screen.
- Added a "Copy" menu item for Hex color value without the "#" prefix (for pasting into Photoshop etc.).
- The cursor will change to crosshair when sampling colors with the eyedropper (can be disabled).
- The default shortcut key changed to Shift+Escape.
- Added an Eyedropper Help dialog to get you started using the eyedropper.
- The eyedropper shortcut key can now be changed.
- First public release of ColorZilla