ColorZilla for Firefox
ColorZilla for Firefox is an add-on that assists web developers and graphic designers with color related tasks - both basic and advanced.
With ColorZilla you can get a color reading from any point in your browser, quickly adjust this color and paste it into another program.
You can analyze the page and inspect a palette of its colors.
The built-in palette browser allows choosing colors from pre-defined color sets and saving the most used colors in custom palettes.
DOM spying features allow getting various information about DOM elements quickly and easily.
You can create advanced multi-stop CSS gradients. And there's much more...
ColorZilla is also available as a Chrome extension.
New in ColorZilla 2.8
- UI improvements
- Tweaks and bug fixes
New in ColorZilla 2.7
- All new status display panel
- Compatibility tweaks for latest versions of Firefox
New in ColorZilla 2.6
- Main ColorZilla icon now on top to better fit with newer Firefox versions
- Auto copy of sampled color to clipboard is now 'on' by default - use the 'Options' menu to further configure this setting
- v2.6.4 - Compatibility tweaks for Firefox 8 and 9, better support for moving the ColorZilla main button to the addon bar
- v2.6.5 - Compatibility tweaks for Firefox 13
New in ColorZilla 2.5
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- Color Picker Dialog:
- New Photoshop-like 'new/current' color split panel
- New smooth color map and color slider controls (based on John Dyer's JS Color Picker)
- 'Options' link to switch between the 'smooth' and 'discrete' color picker modes
- Experimental Lab and CMYK color spaces support
- New 'Eyedropper' button allows sampling document colors while working in Color Picker
- Support for 'Escape' and 'Enter' keyboard shortcuts
- Limited Flash sampling support
- Allow scrolling the document while color sampling
- Web Color Analyzer: better color palette sorting
- Firebug integration: fixed Firebug 'Inspect' panel opening for the last sampled element
- Restored Options > Hide menu item for hiding ColorZilla from the status bar
- Added ColorZilla to browser 'Tools' menu and App Button 'Developer' menu for easy access to main options and restoring ColorZilla if hidden from status bar
- Better support for localization (palette names are now localizable etc.)
- Latest Firefox 4 support
- Many tweaks and bug fixes
See older version history
Please contact us with comments, suggestions, questions or bug reports.
The Zoom function was inspired by similar (but somewhat different) Zoom In/Out functions found in the excellent Web Developer extension.
The ColorPicker color map and color slider controls in ColorZilla v2.5 and later are based on the excellent ColorPicker by John Dyer.
Some icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane.
Thanks to everyone who suggested new features and reported bugs.